SocraticGadfly: Your office and living room tell your politics

September 26, 2008

Your office and living room tell your politics

And, I definitely fit the liberal profile, per a new study in Political Psychology .

Liberals supposedly have more creative looking and independent-minded office space. At home, in the living room, I fit all of these:
• More CDs (I’m nearing 800)
• A greater variety of CDs (mainly classical, but through blues and classic rock to traditional Navajo chants, folk music of Uzbekistan and chord-singing Mongolian monks)
• Greater variety of books (non-fiction, at least, despite tightly rotating many of my books in and out to Half Price Books; if it’s nonfiction, I’m likely to give it a look)
• More color (my best National Parks and other nature photography in 8x10s — walls are rented apartment standard beige, though)
• More clutter (no comment).

The one thing missing (maybe there’s not a difference) along the same lines, would be the number and variety of spices, condiments, etc. In other words, does the conformity/change axis translate to food preferences?

No comments: