SocraticGadfly: I agree AND disagree with Biden on ‘old McCain’ ad

September 23, 2008

I agree AND disagree with Biden on ‘old McCain’ ad

Joe Biden has said in public he disagrees with Barack Obama for running the “Old John McCain is computer illiterate” ad a couple of weeks back.

I agree in that I thought it was a dumb ad, and risked backfiring with older voters who do, after all, vote in higher percentages than 40-somethings. In other words, in terms of political tactics, it was stupid. It also wasn’t 100 percent accurate.

But, I disagree with Biden in another way. Veep candidates simply aren’t supposed to publicly step out of line with their bosses like that. I don’t know what else this portends, but Uncle Obama, in terms of campaign management, might want to give Sen. MBNA a brief walk to the woodshed.

No comments: