SocraticGadfly: Top blogging for January 2021

February 10, 2021

Top blogging for January 2021

List is a little late, as of Saturday, the 6th, but better late than never.

As normal, these were not all blog posts written last month, but they were the 10 most popular for last month.

No. 1 was a 2015 weekly Texas Progressives roundup. (That said, when old posts like this that seem to have no current relevance start taking off, I always wonder why. But, I don't see a comment with spam URL links to be triggering that.)

No. 2 and trending upward? My post from last month giving the St. Louis Cardinals two big thumbs up for trading for Nolan Arenado.

Third? Week 40 of my weekly coronavirus roundup, which spotlighted maskless COVIDIOTS running around a Love Field baggage carousel, later updated with Love Field giving ME the runaround and Southwest giving me the silent treatment.

Fourth? My laughing at the idea of Trump forming a Patriot Party, MAGA Party or any other new party.

Fifth? COVID roundup week 41, putting antivaxxer loon RFK Jr and his ilk in the spotlight.

Sixth? Calling Glenn Greenwald and his ilk confused, idiots or whatever with their protests about Trump's Twitter ban. (Since then, although I'm not a fan of hers, Glennwald has gone sexist on AOC and has gone endorsement by fellow traveling by appearing on red-brown alliance/Seth Rich conspiracy theorist Jimmy Dore's show.)

Seventh? Via Russ and Pam Martens, my two cents on the GameStop bubble. It should be noted that my local GameStop is closing.

Eighth? One of my top 10 all time posts, Actual Flatticus / Alan Smithee / IRL Chris Chopin keeps trending. It's really too bad he died before this election; I would have loved to seen his anti-third party but anti-money schtick put to the test.

Ninth? Trending from even longer ago? Timothy Treadwell was really nuts, and is still really dead.

Tenth? My Janis Joplin-inspired paean to Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzales.

No comments: