Location: Ranch fence line along US Highway 82, Texoma area of North Texas. Author photo.
Yes, I’m a third-party voter, but seeing a Talafreako sign on a ranch fence line is something. That’s even more when it’s not alone, and it’s accompanied by a Hinojosa one.
I think the issue of yard sign counts is overstated, as I said in a comment to another post in last week’s Texas Progressives round-up on my Blogger site. I remember Beto-Bob, aka R.F. O’Rourke, had lots of them in 2018 and some Havana/Cancun/Calgary Ted backers started freaking out. Well, 8 years later, R.F. is trying to make a reputation as a political influencer or whatever the hell he’s doing these days, because he’s not sitting in the upper half of the U.S. Senate.
Anyway, here’s a roundup of stuff from Blogger that I’ve written recently.
On the Talafreako sign? I still have my doubts that rural voters will turn Texas blue, having heard and read a full decade of former Texas Democrats’ jefe Gilberto Hinojosa claim that demographic destiny would turn Texas blue.
Second, I have proof positive that Democratic Comptroller candidate Sarah Eckhardt is a squish on BDS. (Texas Greens are generally dead to me right now over Proposition 4, but I will vote Green in this race.) That said, ANYbody would be better than interim head Dreamy Don Huffines, who has taken the politicization of the office to new levels. (I have filed an official complaint.)
Third, “All things Paxton” (thanks, NPR) details Kenny Boy’s ongoing struggles for money as compared to Talarico, plus his most recent ethics violation.
Democratic Ag Commish candidate Clayton Tucker has a boatload of bad stocks unethical investments, including multiple oil companies.
Here’s part 1 and part 2 on Talafreako the hypocritico.
Next, per one of those Pergressuves roundups, the Monthly mildly called Hinojosa for a recent campaign ad that it noted was essentially a pro-life ad and even more, stressed that her ad that the Tex-ass Lege’s anti-abortion law has pretty much eliminated the medical assistance she had to take a problematic pregnancy to term.
From earlier this summer, I’ll eat my hat, I said, if Texas Dems flip TWELVE state House seats. (That would still leave them one short of a tie.) And, even if Kenny Boy, or Trump’s gas prices, or Strangeabbott’s see-through hypocrisy on data centers and Flock cameras, or all of the above, are boat anchors, I’ll stand by that.
From last week, contra this Siena / Recon poll, which says it polled likely voters, I will doubly or triply eat my hat if Vikki Goodwin defeats incumbent Lite Guv Danny Goeb. It also has a lead for Talafreako outside the polling margin of error and for Hinojosa, right at that. Marist has now released its latest poll and it too has Talarico with a lead outside the margin of error (even as a majority of respondents think Kenny Boy will win) and Hinojosa ahead. In both polls, the Democrat is still at a plurality, not a majority, but as pundits and pundit-watchers know, for incumbents to be underwater this late, even if their opponent does not have a majority, is not good news for them.
On the GOP side, people who know something about Texas probably HAVE heard of the Railroad Commission. And, yes, Bo French is that nuts. Karl Rove, yes, Turd Blossom himself, has said he’s not undervoting the race, he’s voting for Democrat Joe Rosenthal. And, the lying liars at the Texas Monthly claim Republicans as a class have repudiated French when they haven't.
==
My preliminary “Gadfly ballot” is:
Undervote Senator
Undervote Congresscritter (gack)
Undervote Gov
Possibly undervote Lite Guv, depending on what answer Green Kevin McCormick has about 2025’s Proposition 4, per my latest callout of Texas Greens on this issue; I webmail contacted him last week.
Possibly undervote AG
Green Shela Faizi for Comptroller
Probably undervote General Land Office.
Probably vote Rosenthal for RRC.
Definitely undervote Ag Commish.

No comments:
Post a Comment