SocraticGadfly: Top blogging for July

August 05, 2022

Top blogging for July

Again, these were not necessarily posts done IN July, but the most popular with readers here during July.

No. 1 was an old post that was also in the top 10 for June, which makes me wonder about bots or something. (Given the one comment was from a Chinese commenter, which after much scrolling through Blogger's crappy comments panel, which doesn't allow on-post deletion of comments before I turned on comment moderation, or something, I finally deleted it.) I called the Chevy Volt a lemon. And it was! It may be better today, but it sucked then.

No. 2 is from last month. I called out the Texas exceptionalism, neoliberal environmentalism and flat-out greenwashing of the "Deep in the Heart" nature documentary.

Third was definitely from last month and could be lather, rinse, repeat for this month: It's my notes on the ongoing heat and drought.

No. 4? A roundup of information on the BA.5 variant of the omicron variant of COVID.

No. 5? From the tail end of last month and related to my vacation, my skepticism about Ace Rental Car. Apparently I'm not alone!

No. 6? My thoughts on early polling on Strangeabbott vs. Beto-Bob.

No. 7? The drought and water over-appropriation are both real, but Aridzona still refuses to face reality.

No. 8 is from early last month, my extended review of a new book about America's national anthem.

No. 9? Even if Google is trying to downgrade search and monetization about things that don't toe the US warmonger party line on Ukraine? My blogging about duopoly leftist Noam Chomsky dialoging with, then refudiating, Ukrainian foreign nationals with US establishmentarian connections still made the cut.

No. 10 is my take, partly related to the Russia-Ukraine war, on developed nations and the climate crisis. The title says it all: "The G7 fiddles while Earth burns."

No comments: