SocraticGadfly: Dodd falling on sword, or being pushed off the plank?

March 18, 2009

Dodd falling on sword, or being pushed off the plank?

And, if you ask me which metaphor is true, it’s clearly No. 2

Senator Chris Dodd admits HE inserted the retroactive bonus donning provision … BUT …

At the request of Team Obama, as he made clear in a follow-up statement:
“I did not want to make any changes to my original Senate-passed amendment but I did so at the request of Administration officials, who gave us no indication that this was in any way related to AIG. Let me be clear – I was completely unaware of these AIG bonuses until I learned of them last week.

Dodd added that the alternative was losing his amendment on bonuses in the stimulus bill, entirely.

Tis true that Dodd was the largest Senate receiver of AIG largesse in the 2008 election cycle.

But, who was No. 2?

Why, a certain former junior senator from Illinois. The plot and the shit both thicken.

Plus, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner knew the basics of the AIG bonuses 10 days before he claimed he did. And, his old place of work, the New York Fed, even warned about retention bonuses.

The phrase “fucking douche bag” comes to mind.

No comments: