SocraticGadfly: The Lord sure has strange comments to Lancaster superintendent

July 25, 2008

The Lord sure has strange comments to Lancaster superintendent

Lancaster ISD superintendent Larry Lewis not only claims the Lord sent him to Lancaster, but that people who have opposed school bonds in the past are on the Lord’s bad list. Worst of all, the Lord apparently doesn’t want domestic abuse charges investigated.

Somehow, I missed this particular Morning News story at the time or I would have flagged it then. It would explain why an apparently orchestrated whispering campaign came out of LISD headquarters about my lack of religious belief when I was editor of the Lancaster community newspaper.

As for people skills Lewis reportedly has? Sales skills, people, sales skills. He worked sales and sales training for both Miller and Campbell, and his skills are great.

But, on a nonmaterialist skeptic like me, they failed to work from the night I first met him. And yes, on that first night, I did already feel like he was trying to sell me something.

No comments: