SocraticGadfly: McCain shoots himself in the foot with one-term comment

January 02, 2008

McCain shoots himself in the foot with one-term comment

John McCain continues to get plenty of comments about whether, at the age of 71, and 72 should he be elected, he is too old to be president. Well, in New Hampshire, he decided to address the issue head-on by saying he might only serve one term:
“If I said I was running for eight years, I’m not sure that would be a vote getter,” McCain said shortly before leaving New Hampshire for Iowa.

To me, all the Schmuck Talk Express™ has done is draw more attention to his age, not negate it as an issue.

And, I think age is a fair issue. Reagan did seem to tire more in office his second term, and was he having pre-Alzheimer’s issues before he left?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.