SocraticGadfly: Yes, in some ways I’m glad to be out of Lancaster, even for where I’m at now

April 04, 2007

Yes, in some ways I’m glad to be out of Lancaster, even for where I’m at now

Besides continuing to butt heads with Lancaster ISD Superintendent Larry Lewis, and likely starting to butt heads with new Lancaster City Manager Ricky “fingerprints” Childers, the criminal element like this, a former denizen or hanger-on at my River Bend apartment complex, make me kind of glad to have moved on in some ways, even if Far South Lancaster wasn’t a place I would have freely chosen. I feel sorry for old-time residents there; much of the new retail development in the area isn’t going to DeSoto now, nor Lancaster; it’s driving down I-35 or Dallas Avenue to Red Oak. At the same time, places like Town Square never did piggyback on other events, such as staying open late on Musicfest Thursdays, nighttime Christmastime events on Town Square and such. In other words, moving beyond the 1994 tornado, a fair amount of the town’s wounds are self-inflicted.

No comments: