SocraticGadfly: Advertising myself for a job

December 28, 2006

Advertising myself for a job

Yes, I've committed to the Navasota newspaper, but nothing in life is permanent.

With that said, I'm posting my resume here. If anybody out there has any contacts, suggestions, etc., I'm open. Feel free to copy this, forward it, etc. Or, if anybody is interested, I can send you a Word version, properly formatted.



STEPHEN J. SNYDER
E-mail: socraticgadfly@hotmail.com

OBJECTIVE: A communications position using my skills and experience in writing, editing, design, management, leadership, initiative, training, communication, and analytical and synthetic thinking.

BACKGROUND: More than 10 years editing and writing experience encompassing editing, marketing, advertising, publication layout and design, policy issues and research. Strong analytical and creative abilities. Proficient with QuarkXPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Pagemaker, and various word processing programs. Familiar with Associated Press and other editorial styles.

BUSINESS SKILLS
- Editing - Writing - Public speaking - Marketing
- Desktop publishing - Website editing - Researching - Analyzing

COMPUTER SKILLS
- QuarkXPress - Adobe Photoshop - PowerPoint - Front Page

No comments: