As is normal, these are the 10 most-read pieces last month. They were not necessarily written within the last month, just popular, at least according to Blogger’s stats that may be crashed by bots that Google doesn’t filter out in its modern enshittification, for all I know.
With that, let’s dig in.
No. 10 was from last month as “All Things Paxton …” offered an initial post-Labor Day view of Kenny Boy Paxton’s campaign for the US Senate in Texas.
No. 9? It’s from a dozen years ago, but in the post-Roe Merikkka, surely of interest connected to the 2026 elections. I talked about abortion as a “Gordian knot” for many liberals.
No. 8 was from late August (and also over on Substack) where I asked, somewhat rhetorically, “What if Jason Arday WAS a fraud?” and then delved into how society should address the issues behind that issue. And, yes, it’s a rhetorical, but here, unlike there, I did use the indicative “was,” not the subjunctive “were.”
No. 7? My takedown obit of 2004 Green Party presidential candidate David Keith Cobb. And, yes, with taking an extra day or two of time, it’s much more of a takedown obit than my relatively mild Substack version. (Sidebar: At Counterpunch, one of Jeffrey St. Clair’s flunkies spun another way, using a semi-takedown obit of Cobb to kick the Green Party in general because of St. Ralph of Nader. I will have a separate piece here in a few days about the most recent decline and fall of Counterpunch.)
No. 6? A July Texas Progressives roundup. I talked about how in Tex-ass, data centers have a staged, progressive expansion all planned in advance but don’t tell you.
No. 5? “Clutching pears, without tots, at Lone Star Left.” Short and sweet snark.
No. 4? A mid-August, split in half version of a Texas Progressives roundup, because, doing it my way, I snarked on both halves of the duopoly as the election finish line started coming into vague sight.
No. 3? My talk about Aridzona facing a POSSIBLE! day of water reckoning over BuRec saying it was turning the Colorado River taps down a skoosh. From late August.
No. 2 is from a decade ago, but remains popular, my bidding an RIP farewell to “Actual Flatticus,” aka “the dead and deified god of a cult.”
No. 1? My schadenfreudic (yes, I can invent that adjective) posting a dozen years ago about the conviction of fraudster, grifter, and fuser of skepticism with libertarianism, Brian Dunning. AFAIK, he STILL remains unrepentant, and an Italian-American philosopher’s occasional links to him are mildly disconcerting, though less so than other political issues and far less so than several actual philosophical issues, in the process of being individually covered at my second site at Blogger.
No comments:
Post a Comment