I've never been a 100 percent fan of Edward Snowden. While noting that, in balance, he did a service to the country, he also has his fair share of lies and more, stuffing full the pages of "Permanent Record," as I noted after reading it.
That said, I had long wondered what his reaction was to Glenn Greenwald, with agreement of Jeremy Scahill and others at The Intercept, but withOUT advance agreement from Laura Poitras, turning over the 95 percent of the files that had not been used, to Intercept owner and Nat-Sec Nutsacks™ techdudebro player Pierre Omidyar.
I already knew that Glennwald had kind of "used" him, while still wondering if somebody in Russia had honeypotted him in the first place.
Turns out, on Snowden, per a Blogger site called Electrospaces that I stumbled upon while doing some searching on teh Google for stuff related to Scahill's time at The Intercept, he didn't know in advance, and reading between the lines, didn't fully like it.
That said, while we still haven't seen those other documents, per pieces at Electrospaces in both 2023 and earlier this year, we have had new writing about at least bits of those other documents. (That latter is more about peering around the edges of already published files that may have had bad redacting work.)
No comments:
Post a Comment