SocraticGadfly: Nastiness over Luckenbach

October 19, 2022

Nastiness over Luckenbach

I've been to Luckenbach once, a little over a decade ago, when I lived in Marble Falls, and spent a whole weekend touring the heart of the Hill Country. Even then, the surrounding area probably wasn't exactly what it was a decade before that, with San Antonio starting to creep out that way in northwestern development. (I'd been to Boerne half a decade earlier.)

Anyway, I had no idea that a whiskey company and other issues would flash fuel inflame a division within Hondo Crouch's descendants, a division that, even if he won't admit it, seems to be purely and ultimately about money on Kit Patterson's side, and one that stands on both legal and historic shaky ground, per the story, even as me makes himself into more and more of the bad guy. And, more and more of a hypocrite to boot.

Anyway, it's all about Texas legend, so ...

Take it with a grain of salt.

That said, I think some transplants drink Texana Kool-Aid more than natives, per the old "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could" bumper stickers, etc.

No comments: