SocraticGadfly: Banned by Green dissidents

November 03, 2021

Banned by Green dissidents

Even if they're not going to tell me, I'm going to announce it.

I have been banned, or shadowbanned by not actually being banned but by having no privileges, from an email list-serve run by dissident Greens, headed by the chairperson of the former Georgia Green Party, it being former due to deaccreditation by the national Green Party earlier this year.

I know I didn't violate the letter of the law of email group privacy and I feel comfortable I did not violate the spirit. I never mentioned names of any other person there, and in talking about discussions there, did not venture beyond items that had been discussed in conjunction with the deaccreditation process, which was related to the dissidents' defense of the former GA Greens' 2020 state platform.

I discussed that platform here, and the national party's Accreditation Committee and National Committee's discussion of the process (or lack thereof) on how that platform came to be, here.

I also repeatedly discussed the twosiderism involved.

As for me discussing the dissidents being willing to accept as allies a variety of wingnuts, all the way up to Tucker Carlson? Discussion of, and acceptance of, these people as acceptable allies, or allies of convenience, has happened on Twitter and public Facebook accounts, if not by the same people as on the list, then other people of like minds. (And, I've given my disagreement on that issue here.)

The only thing I mentioned for public discussion with a name attached was that the email group was associated with the Dialogue not Expulsion Caucus. The existence of such a caucus was publicly known; organizing members should have assumed that others would assume the existence of an affiliated or associated email group.

Now, post-deaccreditation, it is possible the group was simply dissolved. The gender-critical radical feminist faction in DnE, as soon as deaccreditation became official, had pushed for a more activist stance, even to the point of recruiting others of like mind to form alternative state parties, a la William Pounds and his cult of Jesse Ventura libertarian Greens. It may be that the group was dissolved within the past month. (I said at the time I wasn't going down that road, then had a follow-up.)

Anyway, I hadn't seen email in the last month coming to me, so I sent one outbound, and was informed a few hours later that it was in moderation. A week later, it remains there.

So, I've either been banned, or else the group was dissolved. If the latter, it was never put  to a formal vote, therefore I assume the former.

And, in a world of increasing twosiderism, to riff on old Iranian philosopher friend and an old proverb: "In the land of twosiderism, non-twosiders are king."

Or, per Milton's Satan? "Better to reign in a land of (sensible non-twosiderism) than be a peon in twosider alleged heaven."

My beyond twosiderism eventually reached the point where I said both the Georgia GP AND the national Lavender Caucus should be expelled. But, that didn't happen, and this is one more reason I'm not a Green. I said so at the GaGP's ejection, but really felt that way since last fall, when I decided not to vote for Howie Hawkins for prez after he decided to smoke some Xi Jinping Thought cock. I'll still consider individual candidates on a race-by-race basis in 2022 — if Texas Greens have anybody running for anything with the new ballot access restrictions. If not? With ConservaDems sure to get nominated in state lege races, and likely a ConservaDem for Congress against Burgess, I'll not vote, as I did in 2020, in all likelihood.

No comments: