SocraticGadfly: Coronavirus store boycotts: Tom Thumb's turn

October 23, 2020

Coronavirus store boycotts: Tom Thumb's turn

I started boycotting Denton Krogers over the Kroger Andy PR bullshit, though I did "unboycott" two weeks ago. (I reserve the right to keep not going back there, of course, Kroger. And, the break, and the break from possible addictiveness of digital coupons was good.)

Then, a couple of weeks ago, I told Walmart I'd was planning on starting to boycott there. Well, I broke it once, and the lack of masking was worse than the first time.

Tom Thumb? Twice in a 24-hour period, people without masks.

Unlike Kroger and Wally, its corporate social media folks did respond:

But, back yesterday? And, this:

Corporate followed up with a DM, asking for contact information. Said somebody from the local store would contact me. Well, unless it was during a brief period where my cellphone said "network service unavailable," nobody did. And, corporate didn't DM back after I told them that.

Yes, I know I'm in a fairly small town and county in Texas. But, not THAT small, and less and less removed from the Metroplex. And, COVID cases here are on the rise. COVIDIOTS are still in abundance.

No comments: