SocraticGadfly: New masklessness, lack of enforcement, Gainesville Texas Walmart

October 11, 2020

New masklessness, lack of enforcement, Gainesville Texas Walmart

I refuse to believe that every one of the people pictured here, especially two entire families with children, has medical exemptions.

I also refuse to believe, as short-staffed as Walmart runs this store, that it's even doing a basic "tut-tutting."


This person above? Didn't get his also maskless wife/girlfriend, off the frame to the left. This person at right? I know I've seen her elsewhere in Gainesville before; can't remember where.




Family No. 1, above, including adults teaching teenaged and preteen kids to ignore the law.

Family No. 2, at right? Just one or two aisle endcaps away, and just 2 minutes or so apart.

Maybe they infected each other.

Maybe they'll push each other into Darwin Award territory.








Finally, a senior citizen. His also maskless senior citizen wife? Out of the picture.

I've Tweeted and Facebooked you before, Walmart. No response.

Guess I'll pay more elsewhere for my next oil change. Get an eye exam elsewhere, or else take a pass and ride my current glasses.

The ONLY reason I was in there was for an oil change, and I bought a few groceries while waiting.

So, among recent stores that have been "problematic," here's the score.

1. Kroger? Corporate PR has done nothing but corporate PR over Kroger Andy in Kentucky.

2. Tom Thumb? Corporate said it would talk with local staff. Better talk fast and more. The day after I said this? Masklessness in store again.

3. Walmart? Radio silence, despite responding to me quickly this spring when I mentioned, beyond short-staffing, no-staffing an entire half of the store. Radio silence when I first wrote about boycotting them.

Sioooo ... I have contacted the Department of State Health Services. And let Walmart know.

No comments: