SocraticGadfly: PASS on Texas Greens' invite to hear Scott Santens virtually

August 29, 2020

PASS on Texas Greens' invite to hear Scott Santens virtually

Texas Green Party's email hit me earlier this week, inviting me to a virtual town hall type event with basic income "guru" Scott Santens and Green Congresscritter candidate Tom Wakely.

I passed. And tweeted that I was passing.

I mentioned that Thursday night when I heard Texas Greens had invited him to speak with Congresscritter candidate Tom Wakely on a virtual town hall event.

Here's why:
OK, the MPP convo is Sunday, not Saturday, but still. Here's why I say fuck it.

AND a second:
Again, pass.

Contra state co-chair Laura Palmer, who I have no doubt personally set this up, while basic income is a good idea, Scott Santens' version of it is nowhere near the best version, it's just that he's the guru who's the best known speaker for the idea.

I've discussed before how the TX GP's stsate co-chair, during Dem primaries, was a one-issue tweeter for Dem presidential candidates, despite Yang et al not clearly favoring national health care and despite, overall, if a Green is going to an imitation of Jill Stein, Sanders being the closest to Green ideas, though still distant. I mean, stanning for Tulsi Gabbard when she started grifting harder on the BI angle after Yang withdrew? Sadly laughable.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

No comments: