SocraticGadfly: Quick blogroll update

August 05, 2019

Quick blogroll update

Added: Nautilus' Facts so Romantic blog. Good mix of issues scientific and philosophical.

Gone: Popehat. Ken may put something up on Popehat, but he said that he might three months ago and hasn't, and I was kind of ambivalent about him again. I was not at all ambivalent about not missing the occasional guest blog post there by the truly odious Marc Randazza (also, legally unethical, even though "legal ethics" is as oxymoronic as "military intelligence). Randazza had various degrees of loathing from many other of Ken's readers, so I'm far from alone in that observation. (That said, I did get a bit of signal-boosting from Ken's readers when I blogged about University of Missouri prof Melissa Click.)

Hell, maybe Ken scrubbed blogging at Popehat as an easy-peasy way to not signal-boost Randazza, assuming Randazza didn't have his own posting login.

On the third hand, much of Randazza's legal ethics problems AND real-world ethics problems were visible long before Donald J. Trump became president.

Also gone: Tim Shorrock's Dispatch Korea. Shorrock has great stuff, but nothing posted since early March, while he does put stuff up at The Nation.

Another one is gone for now, for spouting RWNJ talking points one too many times. I haven't named it, in case they repent. (I doubt they will and I'm not looking that hard.)

Here for now still: Frederick Theodore Rall III for ongoing chuckles. More seriously, Liberal Values Blog; Ron Chusid's posting away on Effbook and Twitter, just not blogging right now. I'll drop him shortly as I've FB-friended him. And, may unfriend him. What is it with the left-liberals and "soft" leftists (as in non-Marxists, like me) who drink the Tulsi Gabbard Kool-Aid? And, after he and a bunch of followers got butt-hurt over this, and attacked me, he then unfriended me on Effbook. So, I blocked him. And dropped his blog.

Kuff remains. He's a ConservaDem on a lot of stuff, but he doesn't drink the Tulsi KoolAid, and I know a couple of people who like him far less than I do, which is why he stays for now. He also irritates those two enough.

Another White Atheist in Columbia, if she starts blogging more often, at the length she does and other issues, won't be here much longer.

Added: LobeLog, which I had seen Albert Kim post about, and The Turbulent World of Middle East Soccer, from a poster on LobeLog. The first is all foreign policy; the second is a mix of that and its namesake, about which I don't really care. Both tackle for pol from a generally left-liberal and non-Washington bipartisan consensus angle.

Added and deleted Lawyers, Guns and Money. It's interesting, often insightful, but, more than 3/4 of the commenters bat right of Sanders, I think. And, there's a fair chunk with at least one foot in the ConservaDem world. Blocked one, may block another, already. Commenters I could handle; proprietors (after one indicated Warren or Kamala Harris their two favorites) and I commented on being actually Green on this post, Scott Lemieux said (in the screengrab on this Tweet):


Anybody, and not just the polloi, who makes that "Stein vote was really a Trump vote" bullshit claim? Not following you folks, even if halfway interesting otherwise.

Added and deleted again Texas Monitor, which bills itself as independent journalism, though everybody from a non-TV background except their apparent "pot reporter" comes from either the libertarian right or the traditional wingnut right. Deleted after learning multiple things about how founder Trent Siebert was a hack on the Koch Bros dime, just now wingnut (and loathsome) Chris Marrou is and more.

It seems clearer that this outfit is a wingnut attempt to compete with the Texas Trib. Even the former Dallas Observer guy, the "pot reporter," worked for the Washington Times. What the hell Gayle Reaves is doing on their masthead, I don't know. She wrote for them once, and maybe then realized what it was. And, she hasn't asked for her name to be officially hauled down. That's my best guess.

About to get deleted? Black Agenda Report, who's executive editor, Glen Ford, has started openly guzzling the Tulsi Kool-Aid ever since Bruce Dixon died.

No comments: