SocraticGadfly: Obama's warm vomit on the State of the Union

January 26, 2011

Obama's warm vomit on the State of the Union

I am reminded about the biblical book of Revelation, where the church of Laodicea is promised to be vomited out of God's mouth for lukewarmness.

That's pretty much what the SOTU sounded like to me, from glimpses I was able to catch as ... ironically ... we were shorthanded at my newspaper and I wound up putting together the front page with SOTU at the top!

Anyway ....
1. Nothing on gun control. Chicken shit.
2. Allegedly revenue neutral corporate income tax reform. Can anybody say Catfood Commission II?
3. Not addressing the real jobs problem - a protectionist China with a corporate industrial policy and six times the population of Japan when we worried about it. Not to mention intellectual property theft and things that Japan didn't do, at least not so egregiously.

In other words, a mix of neoliberal mush and pure plain mush.

Add in Congressional Democrats' idiotic "date night," which I skewered two weeks ago, and it was lukewarm vomit indeed. One longed for a Joe Wilson or Samuel Alito, if nothing else.

FiredogLake has more.

No comments: