SocraticGadfly: Honduras – unity government no-go, will remain so

July 19, 2009

Honduras – unity government no-go, will remain so

I think it’s time for Costa Rican President Oscar Arias to throw in the cards on mediation; it’s clear that neither ousted (ex)-President Manuel Zelaya nor interim President Roberto Micheletti will accept Arias’ unity government proposals.

If Arias can come up with yet another unity option, let him try it, I guess. But, I sincerely doubt he will find any option acceptable to both sides right now.

Meanwhile, via conservative blogs, I’ve seem claims of pre-programmed, as in ballot-rigged, computers being found in Zelaya’s office. Because I know nothing of the political stance or reliability of the Catalonian paper breaking the story, I’m not going to say more about it right now.

I want to see a reputable newspaper I am familiar with on this story, and the story to detail the provenance, chain of custody and more on these computers, re the possibility of the computers themselves, or the information on them, being planted.

That said, Arias’ other proposals related to the next election are certainly sound.

No comments: