SocraticGadfly: People of any ethnic background can be racist

March 15, 2008

People of any ethnic background can be racist

That’s contrary to Jeff over at Shakesville, who says whites who have a problem with Jeremiah Wright really have a problem with themselves, because blacks can’t be racist.

To which, I replied:
This is pure drivel.

First, let me qualify my bona fides. I’m a left-liberal who voted Green in 2004 and will likely do so again in 2008.

And, I'll tell you right now, the idea that black people in America can't be racist is a lie.

I have personally seen in America racism out of the mouths of whites, blacks, Hispanics and American Indians. I'm sure South and East Asians do it too.

Jeff, I don’t know whether you have “white guilt complex” or what, but, you're an idiot for spreading lying myths like this.

No comments: