SocraticGadfly: Bud Selig: What steroids? Somebody will tell me someday

March 08, 2008

Bud Selig: What steroids? Somebody will tell me someday

The Budmeister has decided his duties as MLB commish don’t include reading Barry Bonds’ grand jury testimony, instead of trusting the summations of MLB lawyers.

Meanwhile, Selig continues to read through the Mitchell Report with the same “all due deliberation” Brown vs. Board of Education speed that NFL commish Roger Goodell is exercising in trying to line up a meeting with potential Spygate snitch Matt Walsh:
Selig also said he hasn't decided what he will do about players mentioned in the Mitchell report on drugs and continues to review them on a case-by-case basis.

“I haven’t made any decisions on that yet,” Selig said. “We are working to finish off all of Sen. Mitchell’s recommendations, which will really tighten the program up and somehow I'm hoping one of these days that I can escape a press conference without any questions on this.”

“One of these days”? What an effing laugher, Bud! Is “one of these days” a day in the next decade, or further out?

I have an idea.

Let’s make Bud and Roger switch leagues for a month. I bet, without having to engage in in PR foot-in-mouth, the two of them might actually fix some problems in each other’s league.

No comments: