SocraticGadfly: Larry Craig’s in-and-out dance, courtesy Karl Marx

September 06, 2007

Larry Craig’s in-and-out dance, courtesy Karl Marx

Larry Craig’s “well, wait a minute, maybe I won’t resign, or let me caveat that again stance (would that also be a “wide stance”?) soooo reminds me of Marx’s famous dictum: “Historical facts … occur … twice …, the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce.”

Further thoughts on Craig:
1. Maybe he’s trying to parse “gay” like Bill Clinton parsed “sex.” I’ve been waiting for some reporter to ask: “Well, if you’re not gay, are you bisexual?”

2. Another good follow-up question: Ask Craig if he always uses that bathroom when he flies through Minneapolis.

3. Can some hacker find Craig’s credit card numbers and see if he’s ever taken out a gay sex ad?

The way I see it, if this joker wants to unresign, or unplea his guilty plea, he deserves to get kicked as often and as hard as he can.

And, the out-and-in-and-out-again of Sen. Wide Stance (R-Fundamentalistville) is the punch line for many a joke as is. Can somebody in Minneapolis spend a few bucks for a faux bronze commemorative name tag/plaque for that toilet?

Update, Sept. 7: Well, I almost got my wish; a reader of a Seattle alt-weekly took a photo of the bathroom. Plus, a TPM e-mailer reminds us that the 2008 GOP convention is in — Minneapolis.

No comments: