SocraticGadfly: Final goodbyes/this is it

January 12, 2007

Final goodbyes/this is it

What a night to load the moving van... I hope it doesn't get worse tomorrow, i.e. the prediction of possible freezing rain. That's the last I need.

I will miss a lot of people personally and professionally. Some people, and things, I won't miss.

I'm going down to Navasota with the most open mind I have. That said, closer friends, especially, have detected less than the hugest enthusiasm.

But, it's that, work for the Focus, which isn't a real newspaper anymore, though it was better at one time, or draw unemployment while trying to network and not be too bored. Especially when you're single, even if you've got a few dollars in the bank account, that unemployment option isn't necessarily that good.

That said, then, this has led me to reflect more seriously on a career change. I'll always be doing something with writing and communications, but that doesn't have to be as a newspaper editor.

And, if not dying, it's not necessarily the healthiest career field anymore, anyway.

I'll write more when I get settled in there, and will continue to post Lancaster news that I hear about, of course!

No comments: