SocraticGadfly: Sorry, but the cosmetology class hasn’t flunked anything yet

December 04, 2006

Sorry, but the cosmetology class hasn’t flunked anything yet

I checked with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, and I have to shoot down one thing, at least in its most extreme version.

The cosmetology class at the new high school has not passed a state inspection, ’tis true. But it hasn’t failed one, either.

It hasn’t been given an inspection yet. And it probably won’t get one before the first of the year, according to the official who called me Monday afternoon in response to my e-mail.

He also explained what an initial inspection is like for a public school cosmetology classroom. He said it primarily focuses on whether there are enough sinks, etc. for all students to be able to fully participate in in-class assignments and activities.

If anybody can clarify anything from the point of view of claiming that “cosmetology can’t pass inspection” or claims similar to that. If anybody can give me more information on how this arose, I’d be interested and appreciative.

No comments: