SocraticGadfly: My Armando post that got deleted from Kos, edited and expanded

June 09, 2006

My Armando post that got deleted from Kos, edited and expanded

At the great delight of being deliberately contrarian, I'm jumping into this fray with both feet, while laughing my head off. And calling Armando out.

So Armando is throwing a titty fit because Stephen Spruell from National Review Online is ”outing” his day job as a corporate attorney.

In his own Kos diary, Armando claims it’s an inside job, and not right-wing attack politics.
A major Right wing site has chosen to support a troll’s campaign at this site to out me.

But that’s not all. Last fall, he threatened to ban a DKos poster who started digging at his corporate legal representation.
Come any closer to my personal circmstances [sic] and you will be banned.

Well, from having crossed swords with Armando a few times myself, including his projecting psychological issues on other people, I’d say, while there are a few “nicer guys” to whom it could happen, Armando himself would be pretty high on the list.

Tough shit and stop throwing a titty fit.

OK, Armando, so who is this troll? Let's have a name, a particular diary/diary response post or other evidence, and then we can hear from this alleged DKos "troll."

And yes, I use "alleged." Putting a legal angle on it for you the lawyer, until we the reading jury can see all the evidence, it's an "alleged" troll.

And, of course, it is an alleged troll.

According to Diane Ensley, Armando wrote HIS OWN Wiki bio, complete with lists of his corporate legal clients such as Wal-Mart and now boo-hoos about getting “outed”? NOTE: According to Wiki's discussion board on whether or not to allow Armando's own request to have his bio deleted, it appears he did not write his own bio. If this is confirmed, I will delete this.

Of course, I've crossed swords with Armando a few times myself, including his projecting psychological issues on other people, I’d say, while there are a few “nicer guys” to whom it could happen, Armando himself would be pretty high on the list.

Oh, Armando, you’ve proved “goblue72” right, by quitting blogging rather than looking for a new law firm. I choose to remain at a lower-paying weekly paper rather than trying to work at a seven-day daily, precisely so that I can get involved in antiwar protests, anti-Bush protests, and anti-ExxonMobil protests without running afoul of a major newspaper's corporate codes of conduct.

And, Armando, about your martyr complex?

First, get down off the cross, we need the wood.

Second, and more seriously, as a light-skinned Cuban-American, a descendant of Cubans who surely had money, how much were your ancestors corporate shills, or even corporatists themselves? Just how far from, or close to, the tree of pre-Castro Cuban exploitation of the poor by the rich did you fall?

No comments: