SocraticGadfly: Two reasons not to vote for Eddie Bernice Johnson in 2006

August 11, 2005

Two reasons not to vote for Eddie Bernice Johnson in 2006

1. She has yet to join the Get Us Our of Iraq Congressional Caucus, formed more than a month ago. (I have both called and e-mailed her office about this.)

2. She opposes repealing the Wright Amendment, which would give Dallas two competitive full-service airports.

So, if EBJ has a Democratic primary opponent who has a chance, I'll vote for that person. (If there is no legitimate opponent, I won't vote so I can sign Kinky Friedman's gubernatorial petition.)

Otherwise, I'll vote a Green candidate in the general election, write my name in or not vote.

Any Green candidates, and anti-war ones, to run in south suburban Dallas?

Update, later in the day
Johnson is all too willing to play ball with Republicans when it comes to bringing home the bacon. During progress on the big new transportation bill, she repeatedly touted her background as the ranking Texan on the House Transportation Committee. But, if that transportation involves Southwest Airlines, apparently they are SOL.

In fact, after some discussion with an acquaintance of mine, the previous editor of my newspaper, my analysis of EBJ is that she is one of the black Congressional Democrats moderate enough to feel "safe" to Republicans, and indeed, to boost up by giving her an easy seat during redistricting while making it tougher for moderate white Democrats, all in the name of promoting GOP-branded "diversity."

No comments: