SocraticGadfly: How liberal or conservative is your city?

August 13, 2005

How liberal or conservative is your city?

Live in a major metropolitan area or suburb? Want to see how liberal or conservative it is considered to be, based on voting patterns?

Click here. (And note the other link that shows how being black and being liberal are more closely tracking each other.

Garland, the inspiration for Mike Judge's Arlen in King of the Hill, is No. 29. In all, five Dallas-Fort Worth suburbs are on the top 50. Fort Worth itself is No. 75.

The shocker, to me, is that Austin, at No. 144, is more conservative than Dallas at No. 206. Dallas is not that conservative, that's not what shocks me. Although I know that West Austin is stinking rich conservative, I didn't think that outweighed the rest of the city. But I guess it does.

No comments: