SocraticGadfly: Contact your friendly local school board member

January 05, 2007

Contact your friendly local school board member

First, here’s information from the cover letter I sent each of them with their personal copy of the Colorado findings on Richard Gonzales.

A. Did you know Richard Gonzales is uncertified? Did you know that it’s not because of academics, but that he had his certification REVOKED?

B. Did you know it was because of TWICE inappropriately disciplining children in Colorado? Read the enclosed information from the Colorado State Board of Education to learn the details.

C. What if Dr. Lewis knew this before hiring him, and went ahead and hired him anyway?

D. Do you really want a superintendent who will willingly hire someone like this?

What will you do?

The theft problems, the rekeying problems are only the tip of the iceberg. Richard Gonzales, even, is just one layer below the tip.

If you want to contact them yourselves, and ask these same questions, well, here’s your contact information.

I have no doubt, as someone warned me, that after I sent that, I would be perceived by most board members as having a personal vendetta against Superintendent Lewis.

I don’t. In fact, if anybody has “personalized” problems at the new Lancaster High School in particular and the Lancaster School District in general, it hasn’t been me.

No comments: