SocraticGadfly: Larry Lewis’ excellent? pep rally

January 04, 2007

Larry Lewis’ excellent? pep rally

Well, the message from South Centre Street for teachers to start the second semester was the same as it was to end the first.

1. The First Amendment can apparently remain missing in action, with Baptist church-style testimonials during a public school event by district leadership.
(Larry, I’ve got an Andrew Jackson in my wallet for the first teacher to pull out a prayer rug, face east-southeast and recite, “There is no God but Allah and Muhammed is his prophet” at the next such event.
More seriously, were I to be here still, I’d figure a way to do an open records request on that subject. And, no, it’s not because I’m an atheist. See Point No. 3.

2. The local newspaper (even though no longer in existence) is still telling lies. (My experience is that you learn a lot about doing something by doing it yourself. ’Nuff said to read between the lines there, I think.

3. Only “unscrupulous” teachers talk with the former editor of that former newspaper. Would that include unscrupulous teachers who also don’t care for the First Amendment being folded, spindled and mutilated?

4. Oh, Larry… and Mini-Me, new uniforms or gowns don’t make bands or orchestras play better. Strings for the orchestra do. Arranging schedules to not cut students out of orchestra or run teachers haggard does.

I’m still here, and still saying “hi” via cyberspace. Now, if one of those “unscrupulous” teachers could give me a more in-depth transcript…

No comments: