Last week at Substack, I wrote this bit of snark about bison burgers at Yellowstone.
Sadly, per a comment I left, the reality is even worse outside of Yellowstone.
The last bit of the snark in the story is courtesy of something I saw on Shitter about 10 days ago. Sprouts, a company I wouldn't have associated with such an idea, has started selling meatballs with lab meat. For some of my latest thoughts on the economics of lab meat (and, the healthiness of plant meat and a callout against Grist on that), go here.
For a callout of neoliberal Mother Jones ignoring some of the costs of lab meat (maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised by Sprouts) go here.
For more yet on the costs of lab meat, go here.
Finally, per the theme of this piece, it should be added that Sprouts' meatballs are primarily plant "meat" with just a dusting of lab meat. Shock me. It's all capitalist turtles, all the way down.
No comments:
Post a Comment