SocraticGadfly: Blogroll update

October 09, 2021

Blogroll update

As I do every quarter, I have a brief list of blogroll changes. Not all items that get dumped from the blogroll vanish. Some may still be on the links list, but got deblogrolled. Others, though? Full gone.

Like ...

The Daily Poster. David Sirota isn't raking as many Substack bucks as Glennwald, but he's not hurting. While he's not anti-third party, he's not pro-third party, and he's more Dem-wired than he'll admit. Plus, half the pieces or more are paywalled, and the last straw? He's now Tweet-protected his Twitter account, for whatever reason. Bye.

The Adventure guy, and his hiking trips around the Colorado Plateau. I "follow" him on Flickr and get emailed. I've become less enraptured with him when he repeatedly claims to have "captured" a "sunburst" when it's actually a lens filter. (There are ways to actually diffuse the sun, but the "burst" in that case isn't going to be that symmetrical in pattern or color.)

On watchlist

Black Agenda Report. Now that Glenn Ford has followed his better, Bruce Dixon, in passing away, that means the "show" is being run by Xi Jinping Thought Kool-Aid peddlers Margaret Kimberly, followed by Danny Haiphong. They're getting closer to being dumped.

Orac. If the Delta variant hadn't surged, along with wingnuts demanding ivermectin, he'd already be gone, for COVID-related tribalism.

Nautilus. Puts one foot in the world of New Ageyness too often.

Two-Party Opera. Lack of posting, and given the timing on the lack of posting, I wonder if it's Sleepy Joe Biden related.

And, added ... 

Payday Report, by a worker, for workers, seen via DC Babylon. Mike Elk.

Sadly, in updating the blogroll, I launched some new fuckshit from Blogger, which now limits blogrolls to showing a max of ten blogs at a time. So, you folks who do a blogroll alphabetically rather than by most recent post? Might wanna rethink!

I threatened to, once again, export the content and go to WordPress (where I actually have a blog that I've not posted to for a decade). For now, fortunately, I found where to change that in the XML and set it at high enough a number I'll be OK, and know that if I make new additions, I can just change the max number of blogs to display. Or, if I can find the widget tweak that I used to make a scroll out of my blog archive and my links list, I'll do that. Cheap bastards at Google / Alphabet have largely abandoned Blogger support.

I'd like to update my links list, but wonder if it will face the same bullshit.

No comments: