SocraticGadfly: Cynthia BrianKate: Another Green Party nutter

May 01, 2021

Cynthia BrianKate: Another Green Party nutter

Cynthia BrianKate, a member of the GP's Lavender Caucus, almost makes Margaret Elisabeth look normal, in the LC's rabid pursuit of deaccrediting the Georgia Green Party.

This mini-biography will straighten you out. I assume the material quoted below is presented in full seriousness.
I’m Cynthya BrianKate, I live in Eastern Suffolk Long Island, and my story falls under several parts of the otherkin community and then some. The quickest way say where I’m coming from is that I’m a visually disabled, multiracial (both physically and astrally), kinky, goth, sci-fi geek, medium-femme genderqueer-identified hormonally intersex (I myself prefer the old word Hermaphrodite) transgender woman, Shamanic Witch, Spirit-worker (as in I work with various spirits), Deadworker (as in I help dead as well as living people) amd multiple-race Otherkin-blooded Psychic Vampire. 
I’m a psychic vampire (psivamp), as in I absorb life-force/psychic and primarily emotional energy from others, which makes me a relatively strong empathy and pretty good empathic healer. I’m part Iron-Wood Jotun Giant. I’m partly descended from the Jotun race of Giants, also sometimes called Trolls or Ogres, which the ancient Norse and some current shamans speak of. My Jotun ancestry comes from the Iron Wood, which is a sort of freak-jungle known for breeding mutants, so I’m non-standard even for someone who’s part Troll. I’m what I call Noxian, as in also being partly descended from a race once made by the Goddess Nox, which means I’m apparently distantly related to the chaos goddess Eris. I’m also connected to/descended from a huge Tarantuloid being I call Mama Tarantula (guess my spirit animal). I’m a bit of a Therian (shapeshifters/were-creature) as I soften shapeshift astrally into various creature forms, mostly either stereotype Troll-monster shapes or a sort of Spider-Woman. There’s other stuff I may be made of but I’m not sure what. It seems my soul was built rather than born, and for now I’ll say I’ve a very interesting astral body for folks who sense such things well.
Yikes!

I'm going to tackle that "otherkin" nonsense at the end, and related bits from the first graf with it.

First, the psychic vampire. No such thing literally exists, of course, but if you are claiming to be a psychological vampire, I have no doubt of it. I'd run like hell from you.

Second, the New Agey bullshit about spirit animals should say enough about itself. Ditto for claiming to be related to nonexistent Norse gods or the nonexistent Greek goddess Nyx, personified as Nox in Latin.

Now, this "otherkin."

Yes, there are people who believe they're not fully human. That's what it means, and I had to google.

One of the first hits was on this LGB+ alphabet soup site, which claims:
Otherkin refers to someone who involuntarily identifies partially or wholly as something non-human. For example, someone who is elfkin identifies as and considers themself to be an elf. There are many reasons why someone may identify as non-human in the otherkin sense, with explanations ranging from spiritual to psychological. Some common explanations include but are not limited to past lives, imprinting, or having a non-human soul.
Yep, so I guess people like this put a gun to CBT's head and said, you have to declare that you "actually" have Martian DNA in your cells or that you're a descendant of nonexistent Norse gods, or nonexistent Tolkien elves or whatever. (Ignoring that such things are not true, of course.)

What might really be up? Well, the second footnote on that webpage goes here, and among the many nutter claims for why people call themselves "otherkin" is one psychological truth, though the site surely doesn't mean it that way.

It says: "Dissociation." I say yes, if we mean something like Dissociative Identity Disorder. I can see such claims as being not "nutter" in the everyday sense, but as symptoms of a personality disorder. That's not a guarantee that they are, but it is a possibility.

Or, they're dissociation in a more everyday sense, as in a narcissistic refusal to accept that you're one of 330 million Americans and 7.5 billion humans on Planet Earth.

Otherwise, back to the basic issue between a wide variety of feminists, not all of whom are gender-critical radical feminists, and so-called "trans activists."

Gender is not sex.
Gender is not sex.
Gender is not sex.

Just like anti-Zionism is not antisemitism.

Based on thumbnail at the first link and appearance in this YouTube, at upper right, BrianKate, or whatever name he (sic) was born with, appears to be sexually male. Thank doorknobs we're not in Canada, even if Jordan Peterson's pronouns battle may be overstated.

So, I'll use "he" if I don't use "this/that person." I could, by his own lights, use "its" as he claims not to be fully human. I could also, by his own lights, use "its" since he claims to be intersex. I won't use "she."

Oh, and this is yet another reason I consider myself more and more an independent leftist, not a Green. It would be nice not to have the Georgia GP deaccredited, but if it is? Per the likes of Mark Lause back in 2016, I think the Green Party has already reached its best-by date.

No comments: