SocraticGadfly: Another blogroll update

October 29, 2019

Another blogroll update

I had made several additions to my August blogroll update post.

Deleted Liberal Values Blog; Ron Chusid's wasn't posting there any more and I found out on Book of Face he drinks the Tulsi Kool-Aid.

Washington Babylon has gotten deleted. On foreign policy issues, I've got several serious options on the blogroll, not Andrew Stewart misinterpreting the Chinese economy to take a whack at Bannon, and if Ken Silverstein has time for multiple Eliot Sperber meme of the day (this one says it all, as pictured at left) and bad poetry bits but, beyond his own occasional investigative journalism pieces, if he doesn't have need for other submissions, fine.

And dude, I'm sure as hell not chipping into a fundraiser for all of that.

The fact that Counterpunch a fair chunk of his poetry leads me to see a certain degree of connectedness and Peter Principle inside "mainstream" left-liberal and leftist media, while I'm here and punching up.

I'll admit that this may be a bit envy as well as frustration. I'm OK with admitting that.

I just wish some outside-the-box journo with higher name rank than me would do more to call out Michael Tracey or the other allegedly outside-the-box journos who peddle the Tulsi Gabbard Kool-Aid.

Added: LobeLog, which I had seen Albert Kim post about, and The Turbulent World of Middle East Soccer, from a poster on LobeLog. The first is all foreign policy; the second is a mix of that and its namesake, about which I don't really care. Both tackle for pol from a generally left-liberal and non-Washington bipartisan consensus angle.

Deleted Lawyers, Guns and Money, only days after adding it. It's interesting, often insightful, outside the straight politics world. BUT, when Scott Lemieux (and I don't give a flying fuck if he IS a poli sci prof you tribalist commenters) makes that "Stein vote was really a Trump vote" bullshit claim? Not following you folks, even if halfway interesting otherwise.

I'll admit I may have been a little bit trolling to get that reaction, but it was as much trolling to where Scott and most the others there stand within Dem presidential preferences (NONE of the proprietors, AFAIK, likes Bernie) as it was outside the duopoly. Blech. They opened themselves up to that. Little did I know that, in matters of politics, this is simply a new Daily Kos. That's the best descriptor of it I can think of.

Deleted Texas Monitor, which bills itself as independent journalism. I didn't immediately Google their founders enough to see the wingnut background right away.

On thin ice? Black Agenda Report, whose executive editor, Glen Ford, has started more openly guzzling the Tulsi Kool-Aid ever since Bruce Dixon died. And Danny Haiphong, who is running there more since Bruce's passing, is even worse on other issues.

Also, John Fleck's Inkstain. As soon as I can find a better blog about Colorado River water issues, especially after reading his craptacular first book, he's gone.

Another White Atheist in Columbia, if she starts blogging more often, at the length she does and other issues, won't be here much longer.

No comments: