SocraticGadfly: Clarence Thomas not the only family hypocrite

October 20, 2010

Clarence Thomas not the only family hypocrite

Now his wife, Virginia, wants an apology from Anita Hill:
"I did place a call to Ms. Hill at her office extending an olive branch to her after all these years, in hopes that we could ultimately get past what happened so long ago," Virginia Thomas said through a spokesman. Mrs. Thomas, a longtime conservative activist, has lately taken a more visible role by founding a tea-party group called Liberty Central.

Hell, your husband should apologize for being a black Republican, because he'd never be within sniffing distance of the Supreme Court otherwise.

Hill, meanwhile, mixed "taking the high road" just right with "talk to the hand":
Ms. Hill, now a professor at Brandeis University, said she didn't take Mrs. Thomas's Oct. 9 voicemail as conciliatory. "I certainly thought the call was inappropriate," Ms. Hill said through a Brandeis spokesman. "I have no intention of apologizing because I testified truthfully about my experience and I stand by that testimony."

But, I won't let it lie there.

With Virginia Thomas' far-right connections, the push of some far-righters trying to get blacks to believe that abortion is deliberate, planned genocide, and more, I can't believe that, just weeks before midterm elections, there's nothing political behind this.

No comments: