SocraticGadfly: Mac and Firefox users love me

September 15, 2008

Mac and Firefox users love me

Sitemeter, the visitor statistics add-on that is in the upper right-hand corner of this blog, upgraded its basic accounts over the weekend, and now provides a welter of new information.

Among this:

•Almost 25 percent of readers are using some version of Firefox and more than 5 percent are using some version of Safari.

•15 percent of visitors are on Mac OS X, well above ownership averages. I'm even getting a few Linux users.

My past comments about Mac have been about the cult of Mac and cult of Steve Jobs, I should note. As a newspaper editor, I have used Macs at work for more than a decade, and now have my first home Mac.

As for browsers, PLEASE ... no Google Chrome users. As much as I've kicked the ass of Obama and many other Dems, as well as the GOP, on stuff like the FISA bill, I don't want people who will blindly use the Big Brother Browser™ to visit here.

That all said, Sitemeter has rolled back to the older version of its service, but may be looking at relaunching a similar version soon.

No comments: