SocraticGadfly: A cell phone and scientific curiosity

February 01, 2007

A cell phone and scientific curiosity

After getting my cell phone, I found out I don’t always have the greatest of reception inside my apartment. Stepping immediately outside, but still between apartment units, doesn’t help.

But, I can walk 100 feet to the corner, go diagonally across it to an elementary school parking lot, and get two or even three bars of reception.

I feel like the cell phone is a bit like a metal detector, only I’m searching for electromagnetic radiation.

And small!

Not much longer than my thumb when folded shut and no thicker than a fair-sized native pecan. It’s not much more than a toothpick in hands my size.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

+that is a great I feel like the cell phone is a bit like a metal detector, only your searching for electromagnetic radiation.

I suggest a good site for Cell Phone Radiation which is related to this visit this site
Cellphoneradiation