SocraticGadfly: Coronavirus Week 111: It's more than just a blip

June 07, 2022

Coronavirus Week 111: It's more than just a blip

As COVID news slows down, I'm more likely to not post every week. I didn't last week.

Per the header, two weeks ago, I noted that many said this was NOT just a blip, the latest surge. And, the Guardian confirms that, claiming that because of new standards by St. Anthony of Fauci, CDC, et al, that actual US COVID cases may be 30x higher than officially reported.

That said, the flip side is, the death rate from this current surge round is low. And, we had lesser undercounts in previous surges. None of this is to say that we are at, or near, "endemic." I've chastised Fauci et al on that, too. In terms of epidemiology, such a determination can only be made ex post facto.

And, at some point in the near future, probably around the start of fall, I'll write more on that.

Xi Jinping's Zero COVID strategy: A new version of Mao's Great Leap Forward?

No comments: