SocraticGadfly: Take this job and shove it

December 06, 2019

Take this job and shove it

We've all been in crappy jobs from time to time, and per the title of this post, those of us old enough to know who Johnny Paycheck is know what to sing.

If you DON'T know who Johnny Paycheck is, per the header, let me help:



Yes, yes, David Allen Coe wrote the piece, and sang it too, but it's Paycheck's theme. Plus, he's got the name for the song.

From time to time, as gleaned from email listings at Indeed, Idealist, LinkedIn, etc., I've posted to Twitter what I will call "job descriptions translated" or similar.

In other words, behind the flowery, turd-polishing description crafted by some HR flunkies, my take on what's the job really about.

Then I figured, why confine that to Twitter?

So, here goes.
OK, on to the next:
And, the third?

No translating, just commentary, on this baby, complete with screengrab:
"Paid training"? Noo......



No comments: