SocraticGadfly: Romney offers to debate likely Green nominee

April 02, 2012

Romney offers to debate likely Green nominee

Per an email from presumative Green Party presidential nominee Dr. Jill Stein:
Dr. Jill Stein, the frontrunner in the Green Party presidential primaries, has accepted an invitation by Republican frontrunner Mitt Romney to join him in nationally televised debate. Romney issued the invitation yesterday, April Fools Day, in advance of his expected victory in the Wisconsin primary.

"I'm still embarrassed that Dr. Stein bested me the last time we debated," said Romney, "I'm hoping she'll give me a rematch so that the voters can see that I have some substance too. Really, I do."

Stein and Romney last faced off in the 2002 Massachusetts gubernatorial debates. Media accounts described Dr. Stein as the biggest winner of those debates, and in one case as "the only adult in the room."
I presume this is Mittens' version of an April Fool's joke, but, let's see Etch-a-Sketch try to wriggle out.

1 comment:

PDiddie said...

Hi SC:

I wrote a press release for the GPTX and would like to send it to you via e-mail, but don't see how to contact you. If you want it, contact me at pdiddie at gmail dot com.