SocraticGadfly: Baby got back and Obama got eye

July 10, 2009

Baby got back and Obama got eye

OK, per Jimmy Carter, it was only in his eyeball, but President Barack Obama clearly had more than just climate control on his mind at the recent G8 summit. Pic at the link. And, will Carla Bruni be mad at Sarko, too?

That said, the video suggests Obama might not have been quite so blatant.

If I had seen this, noting that Greta von Susteren, true conservative, had “busted” the original pic, or this, I would have framed the post differently from the start. That said, I’m glad I didn’t run the picture myself.

And, I will confess — the NY Post having the pic gave me hesitation; I guess Rupert Murdoch’s sunk to a new low in fishing for controversy.

And, comparing the photo and video, you know can see that you can make a photo "lie" without any of the more technical tools of Photoshop, just by catching the photo at just the right, or wrong, time, and using nothing more than the digital version of old darkroom techniques.

No comments: