SocraticGadfly: SC GOP Sunday barbecue menu – Mark Sanford

June 24, 2009

SC GOP Sunday barbecue menu – Mark Sanford

First, we have scorned wife, Jenny Sanford, emotionally as well as sexually betrayed by e-mails to Maria.
You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty.

And now, Jenny Sanford, the theoretically unsophisticated hausfrau has her own statement out, hurts and all:
We reached a point where I felt it was important to look my sons in the eyes and maintain my dignity, self-respect, and my basic sense of right and wrong. I therefore asked my husband to leave two weeks ago.

The hurt, even scorned, Southern woman?

Strike one with the chivalrous South Carolina GOP.

Second, Sanford knew this woman at least eight years, and went to Argentina before on the state taxpayer dime.

Strike two with the fiscally conservative South Carolina GOP.

And, the hypocrisy of a Father’s Day weekend tryst has even the one of the conservative bloviosphere witches aghast, calling you a bastard.

Strike three with the Southern proprieties South Carolina GOP.

The South Carolina GOP is having a barbecue this weekend, and Gov. Sanford is the main course, I guarohntee.

Update: Sanford apparently originally had a two-week rendezvous planned with the now-identified Maria Belen Chapur. And, this was after his wife insisted on their trial separation.

Boy, talk about pouring gasoline on yourself. Strike four. I do not care how much you hate your Light Gov, you had better step down now.

No comments: