SocraticGadfly: Gov. Sanford: They call his flame Maria

June 24, 2009

Gov. Sanford: They call his flame Maria

The State, Columbia’s newspaper, has copies of e-mails exchanged between Gov. Mark Sanford, and his “battery recharger,” a woman from Buenos Aires, Argentina known as Maria.

Oh, and while this was about sex, sex, sex, stereotypically, women don’t like emotional infidelity, and Gov. Johnny D. Pantsed had that, too:
You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty.

So, your wife, Jenny, then is unsophisticated and graceless? Oops…

And now, Jenny Sanford has her own statement out, hurts and all:
We reached a point where I felt it was important to look my sons in the eyes and maintain my dignity, self-respect, and my basic sense of right and wrong. I therefore asked my husband to leave two weeks ago.

The hurt, even scorned, Southern woman?

The South Carolina GOP is having a barbecue this weekend, and Gov. Sanford is the main course, I guarohntee.

Or, from Buenos Aires… Ay, chingada!

Update: Sanford apparently originally had a two-week rendezvous planned with the now-identified Maria Belen Chapur. And, this was after his wife insisted on their trial separation.

Boy, talk about pouring gasoline on yourself.

No comments: