SocraticGadfly: Wingers, wrongness, stubbornness

January 11, 2011

Wingers, wrongness, stubbornness

Whether it's Sarah Palin's political rants or libertarian sometime skeptics who aren't always, right-wing talkers of various types seem to have problems admitting they're wrong.

Over at Skepticblog, "Skeptoid's massive DDT failure" is a good illustration in the second area. I note the plaintive comment there from Deltoid blogger Tim Lambert, the man who busted Brian Dunning's lies:
The problem isn’t that he got a few facts wrong – it’s that he refuses to correct his mistakes.

Yillowslime then wonders what it will take to get an apology, in response to Lambert.

And, I note. in response to him:
Going back to Dunning’s politics, this is part and parcel of the ‘winger mindset — a refusal to admit error.

Whether refusal to admit error is caused by right-wing politics, correlative with it with some cause behind both, or what, I'm not sure.

But, anecdotally, this does seem to be more an issue of right-wing bloggers. As far as degree of "winginess," I think it starts less "far out" on the right wing than on the left.

And, this is another reason why, if I were a Daniel Loxton or Steven Novella, I wouldn't associate myself with such a group blog, as I noted in a detailed blog post last month. Your public chidings of Dunning (and Shermer, if you have) are obviously of no effect.

No comments: