SocraticGadfly: Who will get tapped for Supreme Court?

October 23, 2008

Who will get tapped for Supreme Court?

Pencil in Sotomayor

A brief USA Today story gives us both candidates' likely top five lists.

Under the assumption that Obama wins, I say look at Sonia Sotomayor. I'm not using the word "quota," but she is a Hispanic, and coming from the federal appellate bench, would be a logical step-up.

I can't see Sunstein. First, I'm not sure he would want it; second, I'm not sure Obama wants to take that type of risk. Maybe a one-year sabbatical from the University of Chicago as a White House counsel.

Deval Patrick? No, he has a more political focus. Might well be Obama's AG choice, instead.

Koh and Kagan? No, choosing academics doesn't seem like it would be Obama's style.

No comments: