SocraticGadfly: No. 2 in the BCS, and 50 cents gets you a cup of coffee

October 27, 2005

No. 2 in the BCS, and 50 cents gets you a cup of coffee

I’m not talking about USC’s slipping behind Texas in football standings.

Instead I’m talking about blogging and the Blogging Count Statistics, to coin an acronym.

More specifically, when our head graphic artist asked me at work Tuesday if I had a blog and I said I had three, we got to talking about various Internet-related topics for a bit.

Then, my curiosity piqued, I did something I hadn’t done in a while: Googled my name.

Lo and behold, this blog popped up as No. 2 on Google’s page rank.

But, 24 hours later, I didn’t see it on the top three pages.

And 50 cents still gets you a cup of coffee somewhere. Along with 15 minutes, or at least 15 seconds, of cyberfame.

No comments: