SocraticGadfly: Gaza grifting on Substack

October 26, 2023

Gaza grifting on Substack

I've hit multiple paywalls in the past week from both Seymour Hersh and Andrew Cockburn. (I typed "Patrick" yesterday by reflex memory.)

And, I'm sure if I were a paid subscriber, below the fold (their paywall "folds" have been set at well, well above the halfway point on the Substack page), I venture I would read in more detail about just what we don't know about Gaza, Hamas, motives, etc. at this time.

If one of these two, or others like them, had something really earth-shattering, somebody else somewhere would have reported it by now. That's the way the biz works, except when your alleged scoop is all wrong, then others report how it's wrong, then yet others rally to your flag and it becomes a game of political opining tribalism, not journalism.

Credit to Norman Finkelstein who just posts away some thoughts.

No comments: