SocraticGadfly: Trump Train vs Biden Bus

May 02, 2023

Trump Train vs Biden Bus

Two of the eight metaphorical Trump Train riders who harassed the literal Biden (campaign) Bus during the 2020 campaign swing through Texas have settled the lawsuit that Wendy Davis et al filed against them. The two "apologized" as part of otherwise undisclosed settlement terms, but like many Jan. 6 criminal defendants, this may be weak tea. The two apologists, Hannah Ceh and Kyle Kruger, are daughter and fiance-in-law of two of the organizers of one of the big Trump Trains. Here's what Kruger said, re the weakish tea:

“I knew that my driving was risky, but I wanted to express my opposition to their campaign and send them a message to leave my community,” Kruger added in his apology. “While I regret now participating in such risky activity, and apologize to the occupants of the bus for my part in the actions that day, at the time I and other Trump Train participants were happy that, after our actions, the Biden campaign canceled the rest of the bus tour.”

Per the rest of the story, he was more aggressive about this than her. Trying to get in bigly good with the future in-laws?

We'll see what happens with the other six. And, are they also legally self-representing?

No comments: