SocraticGadfly: Top blogging of December

January 02, 2023

Top blogging of December

As normal, not all of these posts were necessarily from December, but were the 10 most read in the past month.

No. 1 was my take on former German Chancellor Angela Merkel's admitting that the Minsk Accords were nothing but a form of appeasement, to string out Putin long enough to rearm Ukraine with modern NATO armament (and training). No wonder Putin doesn't trust NATO.

No. 2 was my noting that a significant minority of Ukrainians (and that's without allowing for Zelenskyy having repressed oppo media and oppo political parties even before the Russian invasion), like a majority of Americans, want peace talks. A Twitter warmonger claimed that I had undercut myself on a back-and-forth on this. Rather, I told him that he had confirmed himself as a warmonger before I muted the conversation. (People talk about the wonkiness etc of Twitter's API, but the fact that, in a conversation, you can mute it, leave it, or mute, or block, the one problematic individual kind of belie that.)

No. 3 was me wishing a Merry fucking Christmas to Robert Jeffress for cavorting with Belial.

No. 4 came after the Brittney Griner-Viktor Bout prisoner swap. I speculated about Paul Whelan either being an actual spy, a corporate spy, or a spy wannabe. 

No. 10 was related; it was about John Bolton apparently further kneecapping Russiagate. Deal with it, BlueAnon.

No. 5 goes meta and was my post about top blogging of November.

No. 6 was just before Winter Storm Elliott and was about cryptocurrency mining sucking at the ERCOT teat, and how both Rethugs and ConservaDems are OK with that.

No. 7 was about two Dem senators in the Texas Lege crafting narrow bills to partially address problems on a couple of big issues to appeal to Republicans. I remain at least halfway skeptical.

No. 8 was my one COVID-related post of the month. It was about Dr. Peter Hotez, and how, under the "let's talk science" surface, he's a Blue Anon gaslighter, grifter, and tribalist. (Side note: I have a semi-blistering post about the "People's CDC," and its butt-hurt-ness over the Emma Green piece, teed up.

No. 9 was a recent Texas Progressives roundup. Maybe Tony Tinder(holt) made that popular.

No comments: