SocraticGadfly: I am now another journalist out of work

July 02, 2009

I am now another journalist out of work

Today, with a day’s notice, my newspaper company, Today Newspapers, officially shut its doors. Since The Dallas Morning News is the god of local media, including for people south of the Trinity whoring after recognition, I give you its official version of the story.

I will have a series of blogs on details.

For people in the Dallas Metroplex, who may think the city of Dallas south of the Trinity is the dark side of the moon and the south suburbs are the planet Mars, besides the closed Today, there’s a five-day daily called Focus, while laughably, to be kind, claims a circulation of 33,000, but, to the best of my knowledge, has never been audited by the Audit Bureau of Circulations, will likely continue to print the minimum amount of news possible, even with a now-wide-open playing field.

The Snooze? Since for years, it’s ultimate goal and focus has been Collin County, no chance it expands its coverage down here.

And, so, southsiders, that’s your news coverage situation.

In the days ahead, I’ll have more of the specifics.
D

No comments: